Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 2 Wahoo!

Ok I readily admit it I am completely out of shape and there is no denial anymore! Yesterday's sculpting work out kicked my trash! I woke up pretty sore this morning, you would have thought I ran a marathon or did a Biggest Loser workout. I remember someone said on one of the many health infomercials that I have watched that they said they loved the sore feelings because it meant their body was getting back in shape! I am trying to tell myself that as well.
I ate pretty good during the day but that darn school potluck! A real Native American made Indian fry bread so I couldn't pass that up it would have been very racist of me right?! I didn't put any stuff on it though. One of the girls in my cohort makes these little cookie treats with vanilla waffers, cream cheese and rasberries. I figure it was my fruit intake for the day LOL! So yes the treats and sweet things got me again. I didn't eat lunch today so I still stayed in my 1400 calorie range, but I want to eat better foods. I have another potluck tomorrow at work, and after my downfall at this one I am more determined than ever to rise above the temptations. We'll see how it goes.
I didn't the power 90 cardio in this morning so unfortunately I had to do it after class and the sweet attack! Boy did I pay for it too! I actually felt that nausiated feeling that I hadn't felt since I did bootcamp at the gym. Not a fun feeling and it has definitely cured me of my sweet tooth for now! It felt good to get my heart rate up, but I was really bummed out at how hard my heart was pumping. It's sad that a body can go to pot so quickly! Age is probably a factor too, but I don't want to think about that issue right now :)
Tomorrow I am planning on double duty strength training with power 90 and going to my old high school gym. BB's son Herman and a couple of other guys work out everyday at the gym at 6am. I went off and on for a while and need to get back on the wagon. Drew will be joining me tomorrow to make sure I go. I might regret this decision tomorrow! I took my measurements as well and they aren't pretty my thighs since leaving Gilbert have literally spread 6 inches! So I have grown a whole foot length wise across my legs!! Thinking of things that way really puts things in perspective for me! I will post my measurements with my before pics which I hope to take tomorrow. I keep forgetting to bring my camera home! Well 6am comes quick so I am off to bed!

2 comments:

Donelle said...

I love it! So this past Monday I had an "enough is enough" moment as well. I want to get 10 pounds off and I am tired of talking about it. No real weight loss so far but I am determined to not get discouraged. Swimsuite season and my bday is coming soon...I have a goal wt in mind and I want to get to it. I will look forward to reading everyday and sharing with you have I'm doing as well:)

dezertgirlaz said...

Welcome aboard Nells! We can do it!!