Monday, March 1, 2010

School days school days!


So I should have posted this one before my P90 but all well! So I am halfway through my spring semester of school! I finished up my lame teaching Social Studies to K-8 class which is good because it was pretty frustrating, but we bonded more together as a class over it which is always a plus. My other class that I have had and will continue to throughout the semester is Literature for Elem kids II. Let me tell you that I have done more crafty, artsy fartsy projects than I have ever done in my life, but it's been fun! We have a few in our cohort that think these projects are stupid and a waste of a good share of our time, but really they are things that we will be doing and can use in our classrooms. I have made my own ABC Book, Smith Family Smith Family Book (like Brown Bear Brown Bear), Halloween Big Book, and book trading cards. We are currently creating our own autobiographies, and Flat Stanly projects this semester. Our class is 4 hours long every Thursday so I personally look forward to days like the one we had last week. We got in groups and did author studies. We did got to make our own butter, decorate "thunder cupcakes" in the dark to thunder sounds (yes, that was mine!), and self portraits made out of tissue paper. It was a hoot! The pictures are of these fun activities! Go Future Teachers!

2 comments:

Darcy said...

You will be such a good teacher. One thing that I have learned working at a school is that I sooooo do not want to be a teacher. Some people will be awsome at it (like you) but then there is me.

Hartless in Utah said...

I love your art projects. Looks like your having some fun.