Monday, January 28, 2008

One of the Greatest Men


President Gordon B. Hinckley emphasizes the value of the Book of Mormon to all Christians.
So I can only imagine the reunion that took place up in Heaven last night! All the high fives by all the previous profits! Can you even imagine him getting to talk face to face with all the old school profits like Nephi and Moroni, as well as Josephe Smith etc? How cool that would be to witness! As for us here though, there is definitely a sense of loss. How great to have the knowledge we do though to know that this is not the end. President Hinkley magnified his calling a thousand times over! The growth in membership and number of temples is truly amazing. How priviledged we are to have been a alive during his time as president! He asked us all to read the Book of Mormon by year end, and I am so excited that I can say that I was one of the members who did this. (That doesn't happen very often!) Looking through the different pictures of him posted on the LDS website I found this one with the heading listed above. I have already given you all my New Year's Resolution and I plan on keeping that one and seeing it through to the end of the year; but I feel like this one has a little bit more importance so I am adding this to my list, to read the BofM before the end of the year. I am sure to many this would be easily done and could probably be done several times in a year, but I know myself so I am keeping it realistic! I am glad that in Primary this is a goal as well so along with my fellow 7 turning 8 year olds I will be reading the BofM every day. I again so grateful President Hinkley and the great Man, Leader and example that he was and is to me.

3 comments:

Gardner Family said...

Amen. My children will remember him as their chilhood prophet. I'm glad that he is now at peace with his dear wife.

Donelle said...

He was amazing! I am glad that you are reading the BofM! Our Bishop has asked our ward to read it by the end of May. Thankfully there have been some slow nights at work and I have been able to keep up and am actually ahead of schedule at the moment. I have high hopes of my YW girls reading as well...we shall see!

Dennison Family said...

What a great post! I can't help but crying everytime I see another tribute on the blogs! So sweet! I love imagining the reunions that took place in Heaven! Can you imagine all the people waiting for him? I know I would have been in that massive group!!