Thursday, March 25, 2010

Phase One No Fun!!

Well I've made it 5 days on phase One of South beach! I had forgotten about how badly this phase depleats you of all your energy! I've been lifting in the morning as usual, and have done Power 90 but really really 1/2 arsed! I just wanted to cut a few of the pounds I put on last week. No real weight loss drop yet which is a little frustrating when I have been so diligent at zero carbing it this week. However I have successfully turned down desserts 3 times this week. That even included the uber delicious loft house sugar cookies currently in the cupboards this very moment. Depending on how much weight I've lost by Sunday I may just do phase two and just amp up my workouts. I do feel better though I have to say. It was also very nice to win the fight and regain some self control over my sugar obsession.

Doing phase one also tends to bring out the bitchiness (due to the lack of carbs and sugar detox!) but I think I've done a pretty good job of managing that too! I was worried about my patience or lack there of with the kids at school, but surprisingly I had a lot more than usual and was not as bothered by the "drama" that happens at recess. Even better surprise was how fast this week went by. I thought it would drag due to the fact that last week was spring break and the week prior to that I only worked 2 days. It really flew by though, and the next two weeks are four day weeks! I am hoping to get all caught up and maybe even ahead with my school assignments and projects during these longer weekends. I am just too dang old to be pulling these all nighters like I have been!

Well it is past bed time and 5:15 AM comes awfully fast!

3 comments:

Alene said...

Great Job on phase 1. I am sure the lbs will start dropping off soon. You can do it! :)

Gardner Family said...

I think you are going to do great and then come down and flaunt you greatness. I'm glad you have a South Beach buddy in Alene. You both can do it!

Always Smiling said...

Hang in there!! You will do great!
You have it in you!!!!!