Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Job!


I love my job! I don't get paid much, but it is great! Right before Christmas Break all of the teachers and office staff put on a talent show for all the kids who hadn't gotten a pink slip. I of course had to be part of this because I am a big dork so I did the song "Boogars" with the office staff. It was great, I mean just look at the sweet dress I got to wear! I also got to throw boogars on the kids (candy really) that was fun times for sure! Although the fact that I am now called the "boogar lady" by the kids might not be so good. I saw one of the kids at Walmart a couple of days later and they told there Mom I was the "boogar lady" and that I threw boogars on them! That was fun trying to explain that! I get bouquets of weeds daily, rocks from one of my favorite kindergartners, and hugs and high fives that I wouldn't trade in for anything. I have had great times with these kids! I had a really bad cold and had taken some medicine that left me quite drowsy and had a hard time keeping my eyes open one day. I was doing site words with one of my 1st graders and apparently my eyes kept closing and doing fun things because after a while he tells me "Miss Leslie I didn't know you had a lazy eye?" I started laughing so hard bless his heart! Another time doing site words we were working on long o words. Well one of the words was coke so I told this precious innocent child :) "Oh this is one of Miss Leslie's favorite things!" and bless her heart she practically shouts "cock, is that it Miss Leslie Cock?" Oh if you didn't think I turned bright red as well as turn the heads of the teacher Mrs. Lewis! I was surprisingly very mature though and said "No the word is coke, coke is one of my favorite things! Mrs. Lewis got a good laugh and I was just glad the principal wasn't in there that day! I also work with awesome people, Janeen Jones, Joanne Andrews, Jane Aguayo, and Sarah Pace all who are pictured below. The teachers are great too I work with Mrs. Lewis, Mrs. Hillman, and Kristi Smith! They are great teacher friends and I hope I can be as good as them when I get to that point.

4 comments:

Us said...

Leslie - I love the dress. you are such a good sport. sounds like you are having fun with the kids, they come up with the funniest things!

The Cluff's said...

Girl- This post made me laugh so much! I love the crazy stuff kids say. Glad you are loving your job! Let's actaully hang out sometime :) Loved the pictures, looks like you had a blast. You are the funnest person I know! Love ya Leslie!

Darcy said...

Hey Leslie, we have two things in common we love our jobs, and we both think that guy at the bottom of your blog is a hottie. I pause every movie I watch with him in it just to stare at him.

Gardner Family said...

Yikes and double yikes! How can we theme a girls party around that. Hillbillies on parade?
You are the teacher all the kids will remember because you're so fun.