Sunday, April 27, 2008

It ain't nothing but a Pole thang!!!








So my awesome roommate Alene joined the "Dirty 30" Club this year and so what better way to celebrate than learning how to Pole Dance!! We had a neighborhood party for both Alene and LIz the week before and because it has already been blogged by a few people. It was a great time too and man do we have amazing friends and parties! Pole Dancing has always been a hobby, fascination, talent or whatever you want to call it of Alene's! And after our little party I can definitely call it a "kick your butt" work out! I have also been fanscinated with the art of the "Pole" and so I immediately looked into a possible pole dancing party/classes! It was a hoot! The place was called "Pole Dancing Divas!" and the chic that taught the class was amazing! She made sure and pointed out telling us at the beginning of the evening that she was not a stripper and never had been. She was just a fan of the pole like us. Man could she do some tricks! The place was in downtown Phoenix which is a shame. If it were closer to here I would sign up our whole neighborhood click for classes!! We went with some of the girls we go to the gym with and had a blast! Of course Alene was the most skilled! Already having previous pole experience we knew we were going to be getting a work out so we left the stilletos at home, however the next time, and oh yes there will be a next time! it's all about the stilletos!! There was a party before us for a 50 year old lady that her daughters booked for her. She had a snazzy gold shiny shirt that said something about turning 50 it was great! I do have a new respect for pole dancers though, man does it take some muscles and grace! Muscles I might have but the whole graceful, sexy thing not so much! As you can tell from my upside slide compared to Alene's! I hate to mention but feel that I should so proper dues are given the 90 pound teacher had to help me get my leg up the last few inches by boosting my butt up! Now if that isn't pure sexiness I don't know what is!! Nothing like having a 90 pound tooth pick help your fat butt up a pole! Rest easy pole dancing strippers out there, your profession is safe with me!! I hope Alene had a great birthday and I am very glad that she is also a fan of Pole Dancing too! Some day we will have a pole in the house!!


6 comments:

Dennison Family said...

What a BLAST! That brings back great memories of another birthday party! :) our first pole dancing experience! I'm sure Alene had a GREAT time! you are such a good friend!

Dennison Family said...

What a BLAST! That brings back great memories of another birthday party! :) our first pole dancing experience! I'm sure Alene had a GREAT time! you are such a good friend!

Alene said...

Leslie, THANKS for a great party!!! I had a blast! We have to do it again FOR SURE and the shoes are a must:) Maybe we will all feel a little sexier next time.

Donelle said...

Oh, I am so in for the next pole dancing class. I'm glad you had a great time. Can't wait for you to teach me all the moves :)

Gardner Family said...

I'm almost sad I didn't go. But then I think of my fat butt.....
Well I am glad you did that for Alene(and yourself) and had a lot of fun. Good job on the posting it fast too.

Hartless in Utah said...

Leslie
First off I was excited to find your blog. I wish you had let me know about it earlier.
Anyways... Pole dancing I can see you doing this for a living. It looks fun, Maybe they might have something like that here in Happy Valley for me to try.
Yeah right.
Lori